We aim to contribute to the education of the pupil through the medium of movement, to maintain a healthy lifestyle and to function effectively within society.
THIS IS ACHIEVED BY:
- Providing a wide variety of individual and team sports for our pupils;
- Providing a high standard of professional coaches who educate our pupils with the necessary skills both on and off the field of play;
- Recognising all sporting achievements (whether offered by the school or not) in our school assemblies and in the weekly publication of “The Horse’s Mouth”.
- Participation in sport is NOT compulsory, but pupils are encouraged to involve themselves in at least one extra-curricular activity per term.
- It is our policy that each pupil who attends practices regularly will play matches during the term. A register is kept by each coach to ensure this and a “no practice no play” policy is adhered to (even for top athletes). When a pupil has chosen to take part in a sport, they are encouraged to see that season through, unless a reasonable medical reason is given. Matches for all teams are arranged prior to the start of the season, and should some pupils pull out during the season, it affects the rest of the team who may end up short of team mates.
Activities marked by an *, are run by private, outside coaches